Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Crew


Crew called me this morning on my way to work. Tara and Mark have been reading a Bible story book to him and he wanted to share his new words with me. Words like Adam, Eve, Noah, Abraham, Sarah, Isaac, Jesus and Hallelujah. What a gift to this grandma's heart to hear these words in his precious little voice....how thankful I am that Mark and Tara are teaching him the Word of God at such an early age....the legacy of faith continues.
I am also so thankful for a daughter in law like Tara who keeps a long distance grandparent in the daily loop of Crew's life and learning. Our boys grew up just down the road from one set of grandparents and in the same general vicinity of the other set and that was pretty wonderful. The story of our life has turned out differently but it challenges our family to be intentional and creative in staying in touch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mari, Crew is SO beautiful. I know you must love him to death. I just want to pinch is little cheeks he's so precious. That's a southern thing...pinchin' cheeks. It's meant as an endearment! A friend of mine who was a life-long New Yorker was offended when I said I wanted her "pinch her babies cheeks off" so I thought I'd throw in that this is a GOOD thing. The pinches are gentle and Crew is SO pinchable. :) And beautiful. You are blessed indeed to have a daughter in law who makes sure he is part of your life. love you, shirley

About Me