Friday, June 12, 2009

Good Friends Good Times

Bryant and Claire are in our small group and last night we went to their house for dinner. I love going over to their small farm at the base of Signal Mountain. They have goats, chickens, a huge vegetable and flower garden and it all appeals to my country girl roots!
Bryant grilled pork chops, zucchini and onions - yum!! Claire is an amazing cook and makes most things from scratch using lots of stuff from their garden. Our meal was healthy and satisfying. We had salad from their garden and one of the toppings was homemade goat cheese - delicious!

Love this garden! Controlled chaos of flowers, vegetables, raspberries, strawberries....really makes me miss having a vegetable garden like we did in MI! There just isn't a place for one here on Rocky Top!


They currently have 3 kids and 2 nannies - sooooo cute!



Conversation flowed easily and time flew! It was so good to spend an extended period of time with them outside of small group. They're an amazing talented couple. Bryant teaches math at GPS and I hope he's still my friend when some day I confess they lost me at Algebra I :-) He also plays a variety of bluegrass instruments, does woodworking and welding. Claire tends the garden and the goats, does a lot of volunteer work, makes her own pottery. I love their house too which was built to look like an old farmhouse. It was a delightful time!
"Take off your shoes.....When a new person comes into your life like a mystery about to unfold and you find yourself marveling over the frailty and splendor of every human being." Macrina




No comments:

About Me