Monday, October 19, 2009

We Care Weekend

My friend Wanda who is currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer invited me to go along with her and another one of our friends, Bethany, to the We Care Weekend, sponsored by Memorial Hospital. This is the hospital I had radiation at and also where I had my surgery. When I was going through treatment I had read about this annual retreat that they put on for cancer patients and their family and friends but it didn't work out for me to go. So I was glad to have the chance to go this weekend and was curious to see what the Lord had waiting for me there, being 4 years out from the cancer diagnosis.

It was a really wonderful weekend! Lots of laughter, sharing, great food, lots of fun activities. I had alot of interesting conversations with a variety of folks. Other highlights included a class on journaling, a wonderful massage, time to reflect on God's faithfulness.



The retreat center really nice - just about an hour from Chattanooga. So thankful I could go!

No comments:

About Me