Saturday, August 25, 2012
Day 238 - Project 366
Sometimes I am soooo clumsy and forgetful! For years I've been wanting to paint the floor register grate and last night we finally bought a great color spray paint for this little project. Late this afternoon my job was to wash off the grate and D.A. was going to paint it. I took it off and started to wash it off in the kitchen sink. Dale suggested that we put a board or something over the hole/air filter but I said since it was only the two of us in the house there was no need for that. I then decided to go down the hallway to get an old toothbrush out of the cleaning closet to better scrub between the grates, whistling as I went, not a care in the world, happy to be doing a long-anticipated project and BOOM, I stepped right in the hole, crashing throught the air filter. My left leg went down all the way to my upper quad as it went in the return air vent and I'm not even sure what my right leg did but I have a super nasty cut on the ball of my food, a good sized one on my shin, and a little one by my big toe. I'm thankful I didn't break anything!! I'm going to be sore for awhile and footwear is going to be an interesting issue but it could have been so much worse. I am so embarrassed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, at least it was only in front of Dale, and not a bunch of other people (of course then you wouldn't have been doing the project.) Maybe you were just a little jealous of the attention Dale got w/ his broken foot and wanted to join him. Glad it was not worse. Hope you find some comfortable shoes to wear.
Post a Comment