Kris lives life with the wonder of a child and she is an absolute delight to be around! After a delicious dinner of chicken and vegetable skewers on the grill we did something that I haven't done for 5 years, since we moved here. We had a campfire! What good memories I have of our campfire times on 76th Street in the backyard and how I've missed that! We introduced the Bridgers, the Masons, & Martha to the
fine art of making cherry pies in the Tonka Toasters and we also had our first s'more of the season.
After the fire we went back inside and Dick & John got their guitars out, along with a song sheet from the 70's of songs I haven't sung in over 30 years. Songs that brought back so many memories! "One Tin Soldier", "Pass it On", "I Wish We'd All Been Ready", etc., etc., etc.,!!!!! What fun!
What a gift this day was! My most unlikely source (Truman Capote) sums it up perfectly with these words which I love!! "I could leave the world with today in my eyes." It was just that kind of day!!
2 comments:
Hi Mari!
I love the curly look. Before I even read about your do-change, I noticed the picture and thought, "I really like her hair that way. I wonder what she did!" Then I continued to read and realized that it's what you DIDN'T do. :)
Also, no one should go for 5 years without a campfire!Our firepit in the backyard has seen several fires already this year (all monopolized by teens and college students, however), but when you come in May, will you have some time to stop? If so, we'll keep the fire burning for you! Blessings!
The kabobs look SO GOOD! Maybe now that Mark and I have a grill again, we'll have to cook some up! And a campfire sounds so good too!
Post a Comment