Sunday, April 22, 2007

Survivor Sisters

On Saturday afternoon I had lunch with other women from New City who are breast cancer survivors, my Survivor Sisters. What a sweet time of sharing honestly from the heart, praying for each other, loving each other! The awareness we share of the brevity and beauty of life binds us together. I love them! The very cool, cool thing is that I had an acquaintance with all of these women before I received my diagnosis - our shared disease has only made that relationship deeper. And if that nasty cancer comes back for any of us I know we'll be there for each other - thank you, Lord, for this cushion of grace!Who would know by the smiles on our faces that cancer has invaded our bodies?! We are living life, changed by the experience, but not defeated! Thankful for each moment we're given! Gay, our hostess, handed out fun goodie bags which included a great article by John Piper, "Don't Waste Your Cancer" - an excellent read! (Faithful blog readers will notice that I've gone back to the curls - I couldn't stand spending time with that blow dryer and curling iron!) Wash and wear hair is the best!

1 comment:

T said...

So glad that you can share your life with these sweet friends and sisters. And that they in turn can share themselves with you. Praising God for the gift of special friendships!

About Me