It's so fun how you can read a piece of Scripture a million times and all of a sudden see a fresh perspective. Yesterday the choir sang a wonderful song about mercy and it brought Ps. 23:6a to mind...."Surely goodness and mercy (love) will follow me all the days of my life...."
And I realized that they have been following me around like forever, that goodness and love....even when I've tried to ditch them, deny their presence, ignore them, they're still back there!! Goodness and love are determined to stay with me wherever life takes me - they're tireless!! I like how The Message says it..."Your beauty and love they chase after me every day of my life."
Sometimes Satan and/or life's circumstances tempt me to believe they've finally pooped out and given up. But then I stop quick and they bump into me they're so close behind. Sometimes I acknowledge their presence with a quick, breathless thank you. On my very best days I just stop and let them tackle me and we roll around the grass like a couple of 5 year olds.
No comments:
Post a Comment