Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Small group party

When I think back on our small group Christmas party this past Saturday night, I think of how much laughter there was :-) We are becoming so comfortable with each other as our masks slide off a little bit more each week. Paul and Diana hosted it in their lovely home in Hixson. The food was absolutely delicious and so was the fellowship. The presence of these folks in our lives has filled in that missing piece of the puzzle of having meaningful relationships with adults at New City and we are grateful! Peggy by the cute kitchen Christmas tree
Tom & Bryant

Chris cracking up over his "white elephant" gift


I was glad to put that little whatever back in the pile this year after receiving it last year :-)



Bryan & Nancy brought (and I received) coconuts - the kind of coconuts that go with a grass skirt - I was so embarrassed! We're all cracking up at Eddie who's standing behind me going "put it on, put it on!" I did NOT put them on!!!! Guess what I'm bringing to the party next year?! Guess how much I hope Eddie gets them?!




My good good friend Shirley! Love this woman!!

The fishing buddies

Our sweet hosts for the evening


Another example of the stellar gifts!


Bryan got a little too excited about his snow in a jar :-)
Fun, Fun Night!!






























2 comments:

T said...

looks like it was a ton of fun! love the new blog background! :-)

Tabitha said...

so much fun! i love white elephant gift exchanges ... one year we brought a taxidermied dog we had received earlier that month at our youth group exchange ... wow! was that ever crazy! and i love the fun winter/christmas background too!

About Me