Saturday, April 11, 2009

a day at Dolly's

One of Dale Allen's favorite places to go is Dollywood (here he is in front of her tour bus) and we left for Pigeon Forge early this morning for a day date. What a beautiful time of year to go for a drive to the Smoky Mountains! The redbuds and dogwoods were amazing, the new lime green grass, the mist hanging over the blue misty mountains, the stream roiling over the rocks.....wow!!! We love to go through Maryville and Townsend on our way to PF - great scenic drive!!

The theme at DW this spring is Festival of Nations and several different countries are represented at the shows and street entertainment. These stilt walkers from Belguim were unbelievably talented! How in the world do they dare to be up so high?!


I liked this little cutie!



I took far too many pictures of these guys but they were really intriguing!




Ahhhh......the food!
It was a fun date. The weather was supposed to be sunny and mid 60's but it was cloudy all day and never got out of the 50's - at least no rain!! On the way home we stopped in Gatlinburg and actually bought something for the big bare wall in the GTCA! I'll take a picture tomorrow and put it on here.






3 comments:

Dan said...

This post is kind of embarassing to me as your child.

breann said...

I personally love this post. What's better than a date day at dollywood??? (hint: dan and i need to go there when we come up to Chatt in a few weeks!).

T said...

what fun you guys have together! and, I love dan and bre's comments... :-)

About Me