Survivor Breakfast
The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is this coming weekend and Mr. Dale & I will be walking in it! All breast cancer survivors who are signed up for the race were invited to a wonderful breakfast this morning. A string quartet played background music, beautiful table settings, fun cookies to take home, delicious food and the fellowship of a whole room full of women who have been through the experience of breast cancer. Everyone had to stand up and say how long it had been since their diagnosis and the amount of time ranged from 22 years to just a couple of weeks! Every woman was applauded for:-) Yay, God - for 4 1/2 years of being cancer free!!It is a sisterhood you never wanted to be part of - a club you never wanted to join - but here you are and it sure is neat to look around the room and see Survivor Sisters who did what they had to do to beat this disease and now are living life to the fullest!
My friend Chris, who lost her husband to cancer recently, has started a blog about their journey and she mentioned on her first post that Cancer is no respector of persons and I thought that same thought this morning as I looked around the room and saw such a variety of women who have been affected by this insidious disease. I am thankful for the huge amount of support that's available and the ongoing research that's being done!
1 comment:
Mari; thank you so much for the beautiful pictures and the story. I can well imagine all the emotions in that room this morning. I love you and am so thankful that God has given you these cancer free years in which you live life to the fullest, no longer taking health or little things for granted. You encourage and inspire so many. May God keep you cancer free forever. Love, chris
Post a Comment