Sunday, November 14, 2010

Project 365 - Day 318



We often remark that in the 8 1/2 years we've lived here there have never been two Sundays alike. We say this because we used to have these wonderful cookie cutter Sundays - very predictable and so sweet! But these unpredictable Sundays are gifts too and we unwrap each one with wonder and great care.

Victoria has temporary custody of her three little nieces and this morning we took V and Zya to church with us and then to the house for lunch. It was SO fun having a 10 month old crawling around the house, playing with baby toys and chewing on Sandra Boynton books!

Such a huge responsibility for our Victoria friend.....she is amazing! It was great to have some time with her today. She's been working alot lately and were so glad she could come to church this morning. We love worshipping with her at New City. She just loves Pastor Nabors and his preaching which just tickles us. God is so good and so faithful and we praise Him for bringing V into our lives and trust that He will continue to bless and strengthen her!

Sometimes when I read that the Facebook grandmas all had their kids and grandkids over for Sunday dinner as they do every week I can get so SAD and wish so much that I could see my precious ones every week too. But I believe with all my heart that we are where we're supposed to be. And in God's intimate plan for each of our lives He put us in a place where we can pour a portion of that parent/grandparent love into others who need a glimpse of Him and a hug from Him.

This afternoon Dan & Tara called and afterwards my heart was so full of thankfulness for the strong, solid, passionate adults the kids have become, are becoming! When I listen to Dan's excitement about the YL dinner parties they're having this weekend it makes me connect the dots of our life's story again and I realize that step by step the Lord brings all of us where we're supposed to be - doing exactly what He's planned for us to do. Sometimes obedience to His call brings moments of loneliness, wistfulness, but overall it brings JOY!





No comments:

About Me