Thursday, December 2, 2010

Project 365 - Day 336


We're seriously only going to be home half the month between trips to Hilton Head and Grand Rapids......is it really worth all the work of decorating the house for Christmas?

I went downstairs to look for a Christmas sweater to wear to the BBBS and YL parties we have to go tomorrow night and found the little battery operated candles that we put in the windows last year on the same shelf. I took the sweater upstairs and the bag with the candles and put a few in the windows....so simple and cute and peaceful with all the lights out in the living room. D.A. came home right after that and said that was enough decorations for him but I told him it made me feel like we live in a nursing home. We have got to put up the tree!

I went back downtairs to put something in the storage room, glanced over at the shelf and saw a couple of Christmas things I had bought on super clearance at Kohls at the end of the holidays.....so cute! That discovery eventually led to the pile in the above picture. These are a few (?) of my "favorite things".....the Nativity Set from Adriann......felt door hangers the boys made in elementary school.....the angel ornament collection of mom's.....the snowmen...how can I only pick out one or two of those things that bring a memory, a tear, a fresh rush of Christmas spirit every year they're unpacked?

O.K., I surrender! But I'll draw the line at trading out all the Pfaltzgraf for the Walgreens Snowman dishes - all those trips up and down the stairs with heavy boxes - what a ......but then I remember that our church small group is coming here for a party.....hmmm......think I'll let D.A. soak in some of that Christmas spirit in the candlelit living room before I ask him to help me switch out all those plates :-)

1 comment:

Adriann said...

Of course the nativity set has to go out. Not that I'm prejudice or anything :) We too, still have the felt door hangers from the elementary years. Good memories.

About Me