Thursday, December 30, 2010

Project 365 - Day 364


Here is my new 365 Day Challenge for 2011 ~ to write a thank you note to someone every day of the year. Tara was the first one to tell me about John Kralik's book and I couldn't get the idea out of my mind ever since we had that conversation. Today I went to Barnes and Noble and bought his book which is hot off the presses - just released this week!

Here is a funny part of this decision.....to buy the book I used a gift card that I received in the mail just before Christmas from a girl who had stayed at our house in early November - the gift card was enclosed in a thank you note :-) It was such an unexpected surprise when it came in the mail - her words of appreciation were so sweet. It seemed very appropriate to use it to buy this book.

365 thank you notes is alot and I've already started thinking of who I might send one to - people who I often take for granted. Today when I ran into Bi Lo I saw the cashier who's always working on Tuesday mornings when I run in before work for staff meeting goodies. From past conversations I know she has a hard home life but she's always cheerful and chatty and gets me in and out of there in a hurry. How fun will it be to hand Mary a thank you note some day this year?!

I hope to read the book this weekend! The author thought of this idea at the beginning of one of the roughest years of his life - he was inspired after receiving a thank you note and he decided to focus on what he did have instead of what he didn't have.

As I peek over the edge into a new year I don't know what it will hold but I do know that gratefulness needs to be a part of it! I'm excited - want to take the challenge with me?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thinking about it (ever since you mentioned it on Monday night).

Adriann said...

That post was from me. picked the wrong circle :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you bought the book! So glad you're doing this... the thought has crossed my mind too. :-) DIL

About Me