Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 102 - Project 365





Guest Blogger today is sweet Alli D. who wrote this poem after seeing the tree pictured above - it really is quite an amazing sight - the pictures don't do it justice! She wrote it as an encouragement to our Chattanooga Young Life family as we grow together rooted in Christ!


Tree in the Wall


I came upon a tree growing

through a brick wall.

On the corner of a building,

through time would not fall.


My mind began to wonder

at the branches of this tree,

that wove around brick by brick

so eloquently.


Natural meets unnatural.

The first more powerful.

Bricks begin to shift and fall

while the tree grows ever still.


I wondered what made it stronger;

This unique, determined tree.

not that it had been there longer

The reason I could not see.


Alas! I had my answer now.

The part I could not see!

Foundations crack and crumble

but roots are strong and free.

No comments:

About Me