"Do you now unreservedly commit your child to God, and promise, in humble reliance upon divine grace, that you will endeavor to set before him a godly example, that you will pray with and for him, that you will teach him the doctrines of our holy religion, and that you will strive, by all the means of God's appointment, to bring him up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord?" Another special part of our time in Indy last weekend was to witness Crew's baptism. Watching Mark & Tara take these vows brought to mind the many covenantal blessings of God - His leading and love in our family's life, His presence on our journey. Special days like this in our family's history make me wish my precious mom was sitting next to me - I wish she could have met this great-grandson!

Crew looked quite dapper in his first tie and little man shoes:-) He was sweetly oblivious to all the love and attention showered on him. His personality is very happy and laid back. I think he has much to teach me and I am trying to listen well.

Bre & Joe came with up with us for the weekend!

Great Grandpa & Grandma Vander Woude came to share in the fun too!

Mark & Tara go to Redeemer Presbyterian Church - Jason Dorsey is their pastor. Crew had a dirty diaper right before he was supposed to be baptized so he was just a little late! Probably the fastest Tara's ever changed a diaper in her life as a mom so far!

A freshly baptized Crew peeking over the pew at his adoring relatives. Delicious lunch after church and then back in the Camry to head back to Chattanooga! I continue to praise God for His love and restoration after the sadness and loss of the events of 2005. I praise Him for His grace and goodness and His generational love!
"On the road again" this weekend to see Dan in Louisiana! Bre is there already - their last visit as single folks! God is good - all the time! All the time - God is good!
2 comments:
Having you there to witness Crew's baptism was so special!
Jason challenged us last week before the baptism to remember that we will fail Crew as parents, and because of that, Crew will need a Perfect Father, our God in heaven. What an amazing reminder that is to us, especially me, as so often I want to do things perfectly and I worry about my success as a parent in raising Crew. It lessens our load as parents, knowing that God alone is Perfect and that he is Crew's Father who lives him perfectly and fully.
Love you.
Thanks for sharing this very special event with the rest of us. I am happy for you and Dale that you had this chance to be influential now in yet another generation :) Your task on this earth is certainly not waning.
Congrats to you both!!!
Post a Comment