Monday, July 6, 2009

This is my friend Carolann......











She is full of fun and laughter and an indomitable spirit
We both have long first names and no middle name
So it was inevitable that we would find each other
On this crowded planet
She has known sorrow of the deepest kind
And it has tenderized an already tender heart
I love her for little reasons
She reminds me how much I love hot tea and old movies
And I love her for huge reasons too
She listens to my words and half thoughts
I love her sense of adventure and wonder
And the way she views birds, babies, books
I think she is one of the bravest people I know
And her quiet demeanor shouts "Choose Joy!"
I love her cause we get each other's humor
So giggles can outweigh explanations
We have been through a bit of life together
And a bit of death
We know that miles don't matter or the minutes
Between emails
This is a run on poem for Carolann
This is a poem of love
This is a love poem
This is a poem she will love





2 comments:

T said...

i love the poem too!

Anonymous said...

you are one of my favorite authors!!!! :-)

About Me