Monday, August 31, 2009

Dear Clarissa Joy,

Since I heard of your arrival
I just can't stop grinning.
Oh, I should probably
introduce myself!
I am your great-aunt
which makes me sound
very old and I guess I am
compared to you
so fresh from heaven.
When your daddy was born
I was just an aunt-aunt and
his arrival had the very same
effect that yours has had today.
Sometimes I would take care of
your dad and since I didn't have
babies of my own yet it was fun
to practice on him.
And before I knew it he
mangaged to capture my heart
and he has a special place there
to this day.
I've watched him grow and grow and grow
not just in inches and years
but in how much he loves Jesus.
Do you have any idea, Clarissa Joy,
how blessed you are to have that kind of daddy?!
And let me tell you just a bit about your mommy!
I haven't known her nearly as long but when I
met her I knew she was going to manage to
wiggle into my affections too!
And she loves Jesus a whole bunch too!
She and your dad have been praying
for a little girl exactly like you
and here you are - here you are!
Your name, baby Clarissa,
has caused quite a stir of happy tears
and some day we will tell you about
a very special lady with that same
beautiful name who we all wish
was here to meet you.
She will some day.
She will.
Well, I guess that's alot
of words for such a little baby
but I wanted to write you
on your birth day
and tell you that I'm
so glad to share some space in this
crazy, hard, wonderful world with you.
Really glad.
love,
Great Aunt Mari

1 comment:

Nephew Josh said...

aunt mari, my eyes are watering like crazy right now. I hope you get to meet little Clarissa in person VERY soon.

About Me