Saturday, December 19, 2009

Merry Christmasing!

We had the fun privilege of hosting the annual Christmas party for our church small group last night! It was so fun getting the house ready - I took some extra hours off from work so I could "putz" (is that a Dutchism?) with little decorating touches and before our guests arrived I felt very ready to receive them. Everyone brought part of the meal, outdoing themselves as usual with deliciousness. We put three tables together in the GTCA/Dining Room so we could eat family style - there were 19 of us and that meant lots of "Please pass the ......" but I love being all together in one room!
We all bring a white elephant gift and these range from the regal to the ridiculous. There's lots of good natured "stealing" that goes on - and some gifts mysteriously reappear the next year :-)

When we looked at our living room before we bought this house we could picture parties just like this one happening in its spaciousness :-) When we push all the furniture against the walls it holds lots of family and friends! So thankful for this room! The first time we saw it it was shrouded in heavy gold drapes, didn't have any ceiling lighting, and had dreary carpeting. Now it is a beautiful space and its walls hold so much laughter and good memories!


Little does Mari S. realize that this very Christmasy sweater would be a hot ticket item for anyone attending a Young Life Tacky Christmas Sweater party!



Speaking of reappearing gifts.....I received these Coconuts last year and was more than happy to pass them on to Bryant this year :-) What I really love about this picture is the reaction of everyone sitting around him - love their expressions!
It was such a fun, fun night! We have walked through many losses with each other and will continue to bear and share the painful times life in a fallen world inevitably brings but this night will be remembered as one where JOY was present!



No comments:

About Me