Monday, December 7, 2009

SNOW!!!











When we first moved to Chattanooga I was so amused by how excited Southerners got about the prospect of a snowfall. But now seven years later I understand a little better and find myself hoping for snow! It was predicted for Saturday morning and at 6:30 am I peeked out our bedroom window and saw that the backyard was covered in white!!
Who can sleep when there's SNOW on the ground?! (Mr. Dale for one:-) I pulled a jacket on over my robe and went outside and took some pictures. It was really coming down! And it gave everything such a beautiful coating of white.
Snow is such a rarity down here and it IS so pretty! And if you don't get out quickly and enjoy it it's GONE! How I hope it comes again!





2 comments:

T said...

love the third photo!!

Adriann said...

My vote is for the rose (sorry Tara). That is not something we'd see in MI. The rose would have long ago been dead from the frost. It is truly a beautiful pic, Mari.

About Me