Inspired by my environmentally aware DIL I always take my own basket (see below) to Linda's Produce to avoid using those nasty plastic bags. It's fun to loop it over my arm and pick out fresh, delicious fruit and veggies! Funny story about me and Linda's - when we first moved to the South I went there and very innocently asked the woman shopping next to me..."What's that?" "That" being a green vegetable about 4 inches in length. She gave me a withering look and said "Okra." Totally busted as a Yankee!!
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Project 365 - Day 138
Inspired by my environmentally aware DIL I always take my own basket (see below) to Linda's Produce to avoid using those nasty plastic bags. It's fun to loop it over my arm and pick out fresh, delicious fruit and veggies! Funny story about me and Linda's - when we first moved to the South I went there and very innocently asked the woman shopping next to me..."What's that?" "That" being a green vegetable about 4 inches in length. She gave me a withering look and said "Okra." Totally busted as a Yankee!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
And where IS the okra that should be in your basket?? I need to teach you how to cook it and I bet you would LOVE it. :)
Yay for strawberries! We've eaten about 6 pounds since Thursday. :-)
Post a Comment