Monday, March 12, 2007

perfectday


"As for me, I could leave the world with today in my eyes." (from "A Christmas Memory" by Truman Capote)

Yesterday was that kind of day.

*morning coffee watching "the official sunrise of the Tennessee Vols" w/ my Dale Allen
*hearing an amazing story of God's grace and cleansing in Sunday School
*hugs and love from Shirley, Kris, Rachel,JoAnn,Robbie,Ruth
*worship at New City where my heart is free
*burgers on the deck
*sunny & 70!
*bike ride from the dam to downtown w/ sorbet at Clumpies as my sweet reward
*a phone call from a very excited, newly engaged friend!
*an evening walk on the bridge with a dear friend sharing life

I used to write quite often in my journal "it was a perfect day". During the dark, scary days of 2005 I wondered where that girl had gone. Yesterday I realized she was back and I'm grateful.

2 comments:

T said...

Yes, what a perfect day! My heart is rejoicing!

Looking forward to some perfect days next week with you and Crew!

Anonymous said...

Reading your words is like feeling the warmth of the sun that is finally shining here in Michigan again. I read about walks on the bridge and I can feel that. I read about worship...and I can feel that. Watching the sun rise in TN...and I can feel that. Sharing life with friends...and I can feel that. Being FREE...I feel that too. Even Clumpy's...what a feeling.

Thanks for blessing me in this way!!

I praise God that one of His dearest children is back loving life and all of its details again. How wonderful HE is!!! I am happy that you are so happy.

About Me