Thursday, March 1, 2007

Rainy Night Reflections


Here's a quote I found recently that I really like....."Someone once said that to recognize the signs of God, pay attention to your stirrings. Look closely when you feel the swell of joy within, or the tightness as your throat closes up in sorrow. Live in that moment, poke around its corners, and feel the texture of its walls. Sit with it for awhile, long enough to sense the presence of God sitting with you. Live attentively - Learn to let go - Develop intimacy with God."

It is a challenge for my naturally hurried, harried self to live this way, but I desire to more and more. Two words that have been with me alot during the past year of recovery and restoration have been "just breathe"....that's really all I need to do in the next moment, the rest is just bonus. To truly live in "this" moment, not in the past or the future and miss what this moment holds. Just breathe.........

No comments:

About Me