Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Collage

Wanting to blog about our Christmas time in Michigan but still unravelling the impressions. My time there is always such a mixture of emotions and there's never enough hours in the day to process while we're there because you have to get ready for the next gathering.

Bullet points for now....

*Dad V.W.'s amazing faith after months of not feeling well
*Mom's wonderful predictability...it's good that some things will never change!
*Mom & Dad C. are NOT lying in the Dutton Cemetery but are in the middle of the family party!
*Love the bookend visits to Indy
*People I love are lonely and sad during this holiday...I've been blind to this fact before this year!
*We are getting close to being the oldest generation
*Snow up north is not the novelty it is down South - it's just plain cold & messy!
*So thankful we had Thanksmas this year! When would we have gotten together this week?!
*My portable GTCA was in the backseat of the Camry - loved it!
*I am soooo thankful for my sister and brothers and our love for each other!
*I love spending time with Joseph David and pray for his healing heart!
*I love being an aunt! One of my all time favorite roles!
*A hug from my big brother Dan is indescribably comforting.
*Mom & Dad left a legacy of love and that is priceless!
*Love the reunions at Caledonia CRC - you can go home again because of GRACE!
*Christmas morning jammies at Mike & Renee's & my fave meal of the whole year!
*Nancy & Jeff...... Big hearts, home, family!
*Mom's namesake is adorable!
*Merry Christmas Texts are a fun form of love!
*Books on CD are one of my favorite things in life - I love being read to!
*"Family" is a broad term
*I have the best of 2 worlds - I am a blessed, blessed girl!!

2 comments:

T said...

i ditto several of these bullet points!!!

Nephew Josh said...

'Twas a good time Aunt Mari. I wish we could see each other more often.

About Me