
This past weekend was the 8th Anniversary of our move to Chattanooga from Michigan. I thought it would be fun to take a picture of the house as it looked in the winter of 2002 when we came to start working on it and how it looks today in June of 2010. What a difference! To be fair to the house I should have taken this in the winter months of this year before all the blooms and buds were out:-) But there it is.....what alot of changes have taken place in the house at the end of the Court - the house that was waiting for us to move in to and love.
Every anniversary of our move here is a time to stop and reflect on what brought us here and what has happened since we came. What are we doing that we thought we would be doing? Who are we with that we thought we would be with? What people have come and gone from our lives during these 8 years? What losses and gains have we experienced? What lessons have been written indelibly on our hearts through all of this?
It is still a funny fit to me but it is a fit. Yesterday when I was serving potato salad and slaw at the Woodlawn Block party, greeting church members and residents of Woodlawn, and having the time of my life, I knew all over again that I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. I love being taken out of my comfort zone over and over again as I encounter the variety of cultures I find myself in - Young Life, Urban, New City, Southern.....sometimes it's frustating as heck but I know I love it and would miss it if I wasn't here.
So many years ago in my journal at various times I would write something to the effect that I had the feeling I would be moving away at some point in my life and I asked the Father to reveal that place in His perfect timing......He did and I am grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment