I get really really excited about the littlest things sometimes! I found these refrigerator photo holders in a Current catalog recently. One of them holds like a gazillion or 36 pictures in those little plastic pockets which means it keeps the photos clean and in place - before they were always getting knocked around and falling to the floor. Love it! And from my usual position in the GTCA I have the perfect view of all these people I have tucked away in my heart! Perfect!!
It's been a theophany filled day....one after another....boom, boom, boom....could hardly process one before another one came along. Good conversations with a variety of folks at the office - what a PERK of that job - thank you, Lord!!
When I came home a BUNCH of the daylilies had opened up during the day and they're so pretty! D.A. and I are really babying our gardens this year and it shows! Josh thinks I am silly to be a flower whisperer but it works :-)
And then when I opened up the mailbox there was a little card with real handwriting on it from LAURA!! Listen to the wonderful quote on the outside of the card by Vincent Van Gogh (who I really need to get to know better!) "The fishermen know tha the sea is dangerous and the storm terrible, but they have never found these dangers sufficient for remaining ashore." Love it! Reminded me of one of my favorite books by John Ortberg, "If You Want to Walk on Water You've Got to Get out of the Boat" and it made me think of Laura and this brave step she's taking with Young Life staff and and and.....and finally I opened the card and read honesty and love and sorrow and wonder and faith.
And then I read my email and Bre wrote that she had put a bunch of Crooked Creek pics on her blog and it was so fun to see that beautiful place and some of the folks she and Dan have been spending their assignment with. And later Dan called during one of the rare times they could get away from camp for awhile and it was so good to hear his voice and catch up a bit!
And then a wonderful girl named Katie is pouring out her heart in painting wonderful pictures and I saw one on Facebook I LOVED and it was already spoken for but she's already, just in the past few hours, painted one for me. It's bright and fun and unique and will look perfect in the kitchen on the Court!
So it's been this kind of breathless wonderful day and I am dizzy with love for a Father who doles out gifts like it's my birthday in the middle of June!
No comments:
Post a Comment