Saturday, February 5, 2011

Day 36 - Project 365


Through the grace of God (and Facebook :-) I have stumbled on an epiphany. It's been awhile since something has impacted my heart this deeply.

I heard about Ann Voskamp and her book "One Thousand Gifts" from a couple of different friends last weekend and I started exploring her website, her book, her photography....I've basically obsessed over her work all week and I absolutely love it. Her website, "A Holy Experience" is so beautiful....from the piano music you'll hear the minute you enter her site, to her simple but profound entries, to her photgraphs of every day life (hence the inspiration to stick the Nikon in the oven and capture freshly baked Cinnamon Streusel muffins). I shared her website with a homeschooling friend after reading yesterday's post and my friend said the website just "sucks you in". Yes.

I ordered Ann's book last Sunday through Amazon and held my breath every day toward the end of this week when I'd open the mailbox hoping it would be there and it finally arrived today! I just love the cover and though I've only had a little bit of time to read the first chapter it looks delectable. An online book club starts tomorrow and I'm so excited my book arrived in time for that!

The trailer for the book is amazing - I posted it on here earlier this week. I think I've sent it to every human being I know and I've watched it every day - just a great reminder that life is a gift and every moment matters.

One more thing to share and then I promise I'm done gushing. A very fun discovery on her website was the "Word Strengtheners" I found under "Free Gifts for You" I printed these out on cardstock and look forward to tucking them in cards as an extra piece of love.

All right....I'm done....but I hope you'll click on one of the links and I hope it blesses your heart and if it does I hope you'll pass on the gift! And I hope for some of you it's an epiphany :-)



1 comment:

Tara said...

i watched the trailer... one thing that stuck out to me was, "life is not an emergency". yet, I often live this way!

About Me