
I just love Valentine's Day. What a concept - a special day to say "I love you." I am not cynical about this Hallmark Holiday - I am crazy about it!
And though I try to remember to say it often in the other 364 days to those I love, it's been fun to gather pink and red and books and music and hearts and ribbon and chocolate and words to say it again on this certain day. The Anne of Green Gables room was upside down with all of it till I think D.A. wondered if I was trying to make sure everyone I have ever met has a happy Valentine's day. I am actually.

When mail with real ink and a real stamp, arrives in the Court's mailbox I do a happy dance all the way up the sidewalk and it's hard to even take my coat off before I tear into it. How I hope snail mail doesn't become obsolete in my lifetime!
Usually the words are full of happiness and hope but the other day we received the saddest letter I've ever read in my life...... "As my loneliness deepens I sometimes lose sight of what is true and real. But then I remember your love towards me was both true and real. If you're not too busy sometime drop me a note."
My heart aches. I have alot of joy, plenty to share, but the loneliness and sadness are so deep, I don't know how to make it penetrate into her heart and life. I want her to have her own joy not watch mine wistfully from a distance as if it's something remote and unobtainable.
I want to know how to show her to live life waiting and watching and recording theophanies, to believe there's even an epiphany or seven still ahead. Can I suggest making daily lists of "thank yous" as an exercise in gratitude - that even in her circumstances there is so very much to be thankful for or will the words ring hollow and trite?
I want her to love the discovery of how beautiful she is in the eyes of her Creator and to revel in His love right up until the minute she is fully known when she sees Him face to face and loses herself forever in His completeness. To walk with her head held high, to believe the truth about herself, no matter how beautiful it is.
When her mailbox reveals her Valentine from the Court, covered with stickers and quotes and love, I hope she'll dare to believe, this time, for all time, that she is truly loved and cherished, not just by the sender, but by the One who rejoices and sings over her His intimate, one of a kind song of Love and Grace.
No comments:
Post a Comment